The Award for Excellence in Volunteer Engagement, given annually by Minnesota Literacy Council, honors a professional in the field of ABE who demonstrates vision, diligence, and commitment to integrating volunteers into adult literacy programs. The award is open to all ABE staff: teachers, volunteer coordinators, support staff, program managers, or other roles.
Strong candidates are ABE staff in any role who:
- Have made a significant contribution to developing a culture that is supportive of volunteers.
- Have developed or improved an outstanding volunteer program that incorporates the essential elements of leading volunteers; OR have developed creative ways to solve classroom challenges through volunteer engagement.
- Demonstrate the ideals of the Minnesota Literacy Council’s Volunteer Vision Statement.
- Are currently employed in an adult literacy program, or have provided service within the past year.
- Plan to attend the Volunteer Management Conference luncheon.
Nominate your colleague via the webform at mnliteracy.org/engageaward!
The deadline for submissions is Friday, September 1, 2017. Awards will be presented at the annual ABE Volunteer Management Conference on Wednesday, September 27, 2017.