Mark your calendars for the 2018 Language & Literacy Institute on January 25-26! The past two Institutes have been extremely successful, and we expect this one to follow suit; this is a two-day conference that you will NOT want to miss!
Registration is now OPEN, so go to the Calendar of Events on the ATLAS website, navigate to January 25 using the little calendar on the right, and click on the REGISTER link on the left. Note that you will need to register for specific workshops, so please take a look at the conference program BEFORE registering!
In keeping with last year's schedule changes that were based on YOUR feedback and were so well-received, we are continuing with the following features:
- Some sessions are 3 hours, and others are 90 minutes in length.
- An earlier end-time on Friday allows those coming from a distance to hit the road while not missing sessions.
Language & Literacy Institute Details
When? January 25-26, 2018
Where? Sheraton Hotel, Minnetonka
What? Two full days of language and literacy related workshops
Just a few of the great topics to look for:
- CCRS ELA Foundations (Note: This will be a full-day session on Thursday, January 25.)
- Reading fluency
- Writing instruction for low-level students
- Academic conversations
- CCRS for low-level learners
- Power & privilege in adult ESL
- Moving beyond the basics in low-level ESL
- Argument writing
- Morpheme matrices
- Trauma & learning
- Integrating ELA instruction with content
- Low-level technology instruction
- Teaching test-taking & learning strategies
- Northstar standards instruction
- Refugee journey
- ELA instructional shifts
- Evaluating resources for CCRS alignment
Travel scholarships are also available for those traveling over 60 miles to the conference. These will be distributed to programs (as opposed to individuals) in order to maximize limited resources; program managers will receive an email this week with details and instructions on how to apply for a scholarship for their program.
Hope to see you there!