Is your program ready to really dig into implementing the College & Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education? Would you benefit from a team of teachers and an administrator from your site working together throughout the year with face-to-face workshops on English Language Arts and Math, focused time to plan together, and technical assistance from CCRS specialists?
Consider applying for the CCRS cohort beginning fall 2017!
This CCRS Implementation Cohort is an intensive, long-term professional development activity from ATLAS. Participation in this training will prepare program teams to align curriculum and instruction to the CCR standards and develop a long-term standards implementation plan for their program.
Please note the following important details when considering whether or not to apply as a program:
- Prerequisite = CCRS Foundations training (online or in person)
- All future Adult Diploma programs need to go through CCRS cohort training prior to launch
- Program application: 3-5 individuals (at least 1 administrator, 1 ELA teacher, 1 math teacher). There is an opportunity to add more later, if space is available.
Important Dates and Activities
- Kick-off webinar on September 13, 2017 from 2:00-3:30pm.
- CCRS Institute I on October 5-6, 2017 in Burnsville.
- December webinars:
- ELA content group: Monday, December 11, 2017 from 2:00-3:30
- Administrators: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 from 10:30-12:00
- Math content group: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 from 2:00-3:30
- CCRS Institute II on February 22-23 2018 in Burnsville.
- March webinars:
- ELA content group: Monday, March 19, 2018 from 2:00-3:30
- Administrators: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 from 10:30-12:00
- Math content group: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 from 2:00-3:30
- Ongoing, active, and thoughtful participation in our online cohort community via Schoology.
- Participation in team meetings and completion of implementation tasks throughout the year at your site.
- Phone calls and written correspondence with an assigned CCRS coach throughout the year as needed.
Supports for Participants
- Travel costs (hotel and mileage) for participants traveling more than 100 miles round trip to the in-person workshops will be reimbursed by ATLAS.
- In order to support participation, programs will receive a stipend of $400 per team member upon their completion of all required cohort activities.
What will you learn by being in this cohort?
Program teams will be able to:
- Articulate the benefits of standards-based education for their students, program, & staff
- Align materials and resources used regularly in ABE instruction
- Articulate which standards are being addressed in courses and instruction
- Improve instruction and courses to incorporate shifts and standards appropriate to student levels
- Develop a long-term standards implementation plan for their local program
Administrators will be able to:
- Conduct standards-focused classroom observations and teacher feedback sessions to support implementation and improve instruction
- Identify supports and resources instructors may need to implement standards-based instruction
Instructors will be able to:
- Improve units, lesson plans, and student tasks to incorporate shifts and standards appropriate to student levels
- Participate in standards-focused classroom observations and teacher feedback sessions to support implementation and improve instruction
Application for the CCRS Implementation Cohort is due June 9, and programs will be notified by June 23 of their acceptance.