Heading to Summer Institute in August? Looking for a way to make the conference a success for you and your colleagues? Share your program innovation, new teaching routine, exciting classroom activity, etc. at a poster session!
Poster Sessions don’t have to be fancy. Just make a poster highlighting your great idea. Then create a handout that people can take with them. During the poster session (1:15-2:00 pm on Thursday, August 17), stand by your poster, meet with your peers and answer questions. It’s like a science fair for ABE teachers!
Need some additional motivation? Two lucky (and randomly-drawn) poster session presenters will receive $25 Amazon gift cards.
Looking for ideas? Here are some of the topics already lined up:
- Introduction to Evidence
- ABE and Out of School Youth: A Growing Partnership
- Using Webquests to engage students in learning
- Journeys Curriculum: a new teaching resource
- Adult Career Pathways Curriculum Resource Library
- How Lake Superior College and ISD 709 Adult Education has partnered within Integrated Instruction and Adult Education run courses on campus
- CASAS in ASL
- Unmasking Our Challenges and Successes: Through Art and Writing, ABE Students Share their Challenges and Celebrate their Achievements
- Internships: Cultural Orientation to advancement in the American Workplace
- Keep Calm * Destress * and Learn!
- The Adult Literacy Hotline – Connecting Adult Learners and ABE Programs
- Making Words Stick: Activities for Vocabulary Retention
What great idea do YOU have to share?
Deadline for proposals is July 15. But why wait? Submit your proposal now!