You don’t want to miss this year’s Support Services Conference! The members of the SPARC team (Support Professional Advisory Resource Committee) have been working toward building another fantastic event, to be held November 30 and December 1.
PRE-CONFERENCE – Thursday, November 30 will be filled with trainings necessary for all staff. This will include ABE Foundations for New Support Staff, CASAS Implementation Training, and TABE Implementation Training.
STATE UPDATE – The Friday, December 1 keynote of the conference will include state updates provided by our state ABE staff.
CONCURRENT SESSIONS – Following the keynote, there will be a variety of sessions to choose from including:
- Google Makes Online Forms a Breeze: Surveys, evaluation forms, information requests, training registrations, and volunteer applications are just a few of the uses of this powerful, yet easy to use, application.
- SiD Reports: Come with your questions and let the experts answer them and give you some Excel tips.
- What Is New for GED?: This session will provide GED Administrators and ABE Coordinators with updated information and tips on the test.
- SiD Goals and NRS Tracking: This is one more chance to talk to the experts and learn more about our Student Information Database.
- Critical Issues in Assessment: Information will be provided on best practices in assessment, updates on the new CASAS and TABE tests, and other critical issues.
- Bridges to Benefits: Since education is only one of the many needs that our students face, there will also be a presentation on this project which links families and individuals to public works supported programs.
- Considering Poverty in ABE: Poverty and socioeconomic disparities are key issues that affect ABE students across Minnesota. Learn some recommendations on working with learners experiencing poverty.
- How to Reduce and Defuse Classroom Conflict: How can we promote equity and inclusion while recognizing each student’s individuality?
- AND MORE!
The registration link can also be found on the MN ABE Assessment website, along with additional information.
TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIPS – Scholarships for hotel and mileage for those who travel more than 75 miles to attend the conference will again be available this year. A link to the scholarship application can be found at the same link as above.