We are still looking for people to host poster sessions at this year’s ABE Summer Institute.
The Poster Session will be held on Thursday, August 16 from 1:15-2:00 pm. Check the Literacy Action Network website for helpful information on putting together a great session.
So why should you do a poster session? Don't just take my word for it! Here is what some alumni have said:
“Poster sessions are a great way to receive feedback on a 'work in progress'.”
Need some inspiration? Here are some of the exciting posters we already have lined up for this year:
- UDL Curriculum for Pre-Beginning ESL
- Academic Vocabulary Mingle
- Towards a Trauma-Informed Pedagogy
- Teaching the Writing Process: from brainstorming to uploading a final product for publication
- Journeys: An Anthology of Student Writing
- Let Google Drive help drive your instruction!
- Making Books and Materials in Google Slides
- Digital Duos
- From ABE to College-Ready: Student, Teacher, and Navigator
- Introducing Google Drive and Google Apps
- Crystal Clear Communicators Toastmasters Club
- Word Level Analogy Exercises
- The Adult Literacy Hotline – Connecting Adult Learners and ABE Programs
- Navigation Start Up How-Tos
- Professional Engagement Committee of LAN
Need more incentive? All poster session presenters will receive 3 CEUs.
Need even MORE incentive? All poster session presenters will be entered into a drawing to win two $25 Amazon gift cards.
Fill out a Poster Session Proposal today!
Questions? Email Rob Podlasek