Friday, December 1, 2017 is this year’s deadline for submissions for the Journeys 2018 anthology. The Journeys submissions webform is now open and submissions are being accepted throughout the fall. We encourage you to work with your learners this fall on their Journeys writing submissions and help them complete their entries no later than December 1.
This year’s deadline is earlier than previous years, and will allow us to complete Journeys earlier in 2018. The new book will be available on May 8, 2018, and the occasion will be celebrated at the annual Journeys Readings and Award Ceremony on Tuesday, May 8, 2018.
Submit your learners’ work now!
Here are some tools to help you submit your learners’ work to Journeys:
- First, review the Journeys submission guidelines.
- Want to submit written work by your students? Submit them online: mnliteracy.org/journeys/2018
- Interested in submitting your students’ original art? Download the art submission form and guidelines.
Overview of submission guidelines
- Students must be active in a Minnesota adult literacy program.
- Only one written or one art submission per student is accepted (you may submit one art piece that illustrates your written submission).
- Written submissions must be submitted via the online webform. Emailed entries will not be accepted.
- Submissions must be an original piece of writing or art work.
Deadline for submission is Friday, December 1, 2017. Questions/concerns? Email Liam or call Liam at 651-251-9060.
In its 29th year, Journeys 2018 will collect and showcase short written pieces by Adult Basic Education learners from every corner of Minnesota. Journeys is a book of stories. Within its pages, you'll find memories, poems, art, tall tales and everything in between. These stories share the journeys and perspectives of adult literacy students enrolled in reading, English as a Second Language, GED, and basic skills classes across the state of Minnesota.