The annual Journeys Reading Event is just over a month away. This year it will be held on Thursday, May 25 at 7:00 pm at the Loft Literary Center. As in years past, student authors from this year’s publication will have a chance to read their piece at the event!
Journeys Reading registration is now officially open for authors with written pieces in the 2017 edition. The registration form is here. Before you register your students, here’s what you should know about the Journeys readings registration:
- Authors have priority registration through May 1. Public registration opens on May 2.
- There are a limited number of reader registrations available. Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- Teachers, coordinators and literacy program staff who plan to bring students to read and/or attend the event are encouraged to sign up as a group.
- To ensure that more programs are able to participate, we are limiting programs to a maximum of 8 readers and a maximum group size of 20 people, including family and friends.
- Once the limit of readers and guests is reached, registrations will be added to a waiting list.
With over 700 submissions from this year’s book, we unfortunately cannot have every author read. However, we appreciate all the hard work that students, volunteers and staff have put into this year’s Journeys. We’re thankful to have such an amazing community here in Minnesota.