Technology Integration Initiative 2018: Google Docs & Drive in the Classroom
The Technology Integration Initiative is a new professional development opportunity for ABE teachers who want to focus on contextualized use of technology in the classroom. Each year will focus on a particular technology tool or service, with our inaugural year focused on Google Docs and Google Drive.
This is a 5-month PD offering, beginning with a face-to-face kickoff event in January 2018 followed by four monthly webinars. The kickoff event will feature training on Northstar standards, Google Docs/Drive, and best practices in technology integration for the ABE classroom. Each month we will focus on using one aspect of Google Docs: Documents, Slides, Forms, and Sheets. Participants will share technology-integrated lessons designed to meet specific Northstar Digital Literacy Standards and discuss challenges and ideas for strengthening their lessons. In May, participants will polish one of their lesson plans for sharing on the OER Commons.
- 25 CEUs available for participants who attend the kickoff event and all webinars and submit their lesson plan.
- Open to ABE teachers at ALL levels – from Beginning ESL to College Prep. Some familiarity with Google Docs/Drive is advised.
- Reimbursement for travel costs for Kickoff Event available to participants travelling more than 50 miles.
- Contact Susan Wetenkamp-Brandt at email@example.com or 651-251-9090 with any questions.
- In-person Kickoff Event: Friday, January 19, 2018 from 9:00-3:00 at the Minnesota Literacy Council (700 Raymond Ave, Suite 180, St. Paul MN 55114).Monthly webinars Tuesdays at 2:30: February 13, March 13, April 24, May 15
Applications are due by December 15, 2017. Applications will be reviewed and acceptance notifications issued by December 22, 2017.
Application form online: http://tinyurl.com/TII2018