Last January, we had a record high turnout for the first annual Language & Literacy Institute. We expect this year’s institute to follow suit; this is a two-day conference that you will NOT want to miss!
Registration opens next Monday, December 19, at which time you will be able to go to the Calendar of Events on the ATLAS website, navigate to January 26 using the little calendar on the right, and click on the REGISTER link on the left.
Some great changes have been put into place in response to your comments:
- Some sessions are 3 hours, and others are 90 minutes in length.
- An earlier end-time on Friday allows those coming from a distance to hit the road while not missing sessions.
- Several repeated sessions allow attendees to catch (hopefully!) everything they really want to hear.
Language & Literacy Institute Details
When? January 26-27, 2017
Where? Radisson Hotel, Roseville
What? Two full days of language and literacy related workshops
Just a few of the great topics to look for:
- CCRS Foundations for ELA – Note: This will be a full day session on Thursday, January 26.
- New ELP Standards
- Digital literacy at lower levels
- All-STAR reunion
- Close reading
- Increasing the rigor of adult ESL
- CCRS (sessions on Speaking & Listening, Reading, Writing)
- IEL civics
- New distance learning platforms
- Argument writing
- Teaching literacy through career pathways contexts
- Refugee resettlement
Mark your calendars, and hope to see you there!