Attention, one-room schoolhouse instructors!
Schoology is a powerful tool to ease the isolation that can come with our settings and provide a place for growth and positive discussion on issues, concerns and curriculum that are unique to the one-room schoolhouse context. It is a place to “meet” education professionals just like you, seek advice, share resources, and voice your concerns.
Being a Jack-of-all-trades, and master-of-none, it may be hard to find a starting point for our students. They have such unique and differentiated needs that we don’t always have a place to start. We can also become so used to the Same Old Way, that we may forget or not have time to look at new and improved methods. As ABE practitioners, there is no harm in asking for advice or sharing what we have on hand to help others in our field grow!
- Do you have curriculum that may be unique to your expertise that you are willing to share?
- Have a new-to-you situation with a student arise and not quite sure how to go about handling it?
- Trying to navigate implementation of state content standards: CCRS, ACES/TIF, and Northstar?
- Have you taken a professional development course and want to share your newfound expertise?
~Mutual collaboration helps to benefit ourselves, our students and our communities.~
ABE practitioners working in one-room schoolhouse settings have unique challenges that have become ever more complicated as our field evolves to include an emphasis on standards, career pathways, technology, student persistence, and more.
Schoology hosts our online discussion group set up for ABE practitioners of the One-Room Schoolhouse setting to increase discussion and collaboration for all aspects of our programs.
Create a Schoology Account
* For more instruction on joining and using Schoology, check out the One-Room Schoolhouse Winter Webinar - Feb 15, 2017 found on the MN ABE YouTube page
(http://tinyurl.com/mnabepd). From the YouTube homepage, click Playlists to find "One Room Schoolhouse / Multilevel ABE."
Join the One-Room Schoolhouse Group
Once you’re in Schoology, please post a brief introduction, and a few things you are interested in discussing. Please allow your settings to send notifications. This will keep you updated on ongoing discussions.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Originally published 9/29/17