Summer Institute is all about sharing and learning from your colleagues. Help make the event a success by presenting a poster session!
It doesn't need to be fancy. Just make a poster highlighting a program innovation, new teaching routine, exciting classroom activity, etc. Then create a handout that people can take with them. During the poster session (1:15-2:00 pm on Thursday, August 17), stand by your poster, meet with your peers and answer questions. It’s like a science fair for ABE teachers!
Looking for ideas? Here are some of the topics from last year’s event:
- Visualize Virtual Reality
- "ACE-ing" Northstar: Building Digital Literacy and Transitions Skills through an Introductory PowerPoint Project
- Building Math Practices
- Curricula to Help Intermediate+ ESL Learners Understand and Navigate Health Care, Housing, and Much More
- Math Story Problem Routine
- Self-Publishing for Fun (Mostly) and Profit
- Math - The Slippery Slope to the GED Test
- Blogging in an Adult ELL Classroom
- Should I Become a Phlebotomist?
- The Adult Literacy Hotline – Connecting Adult Learners and ABE Programs
- Get Graphic & Get Your Students Talking!
- Using Activities Tied to CCRS
- Teaching in a World of Ubiquitous Technology: Impact on Identity and Language Learning
- The Chemistry Explosion
What great idea do YOU have to share?
Deadline for proposals is May 31.
First published 3/6/17