- This event has passed.
- MN ABE Distance Learning 101
MN ABE Distance Learning 101October 11, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm Free
Registration Deadline: FRI. 9/20/19
Distance Learning 101 Course Content:
This introductory course is designed for teachers and managers without extensive experience with distance learning. Participating teachers and managers work together in a cohort of peers from around the state to address critical issues in distance learning and create a plan for their program/site. This course covers best practices in Recruitment, Screening and Orientation, Instruction, and Assessment. Participants can expect to spend at least 18 hours working on PD activities over the course of the year, as well as additional time implementing new programming at your site.
- Distance Learning Kick-Off in St. Paul – full day in-person meeting on Friday October 11, 2019 at the Hubbs Center in St. Paul.
- Weekly readings, online course discussion, assignments, and DL site plan development (October – December 2019)
- Implementation of site plan (January – April 2020)
- Monthly support webinar series (January – April 2020)
- Focus Group Wrap up Webinar; CEUs and stipends awarded (May 2020)