- Key Activities
- ABE Foundations
Are you new to the world of Adult Basic Education (ABE) and need some assistance in understanding how it all fits together, what your role is, and where you can find helpful resources and additional information? Or perhaps you simply need a refresher on some basics? If so, you are in the right place!
ATLAS and Literacy Action Network have combined forces to offer professional development and resources to help you build your foundational knowledge of ABE.
Below you will find information on face-to-face workshops and the ABE Foundations online course hosted by ATLAS.
In addition, Literacy Action Network hosts an online ABE Foundations Handbook with a number of helpful videos and written materials on subjects such as:
- Intro to ABE Students
- MN Adult Secondary Credentials
- MN ABE Model and Delivery System
- MN ABE Policy & Accountability
- Content Standards
- MN ABE Professional Development
- MN ABE Support Network
- Support Staff
ATLAS works with Literacy Action Network to host face-to-face ABE Foundations workshops twice a year:
- As a 9-hour Pre-Conference session at the ABE Summer Institute, held each August in St. Cloud.
- As a shortened 3-hour session at the Support Services Conference, held each November in the Twin Cities.