- Key Activities
- CCR Standards
- Content Standards Integration (CSI) Cohort
Content Standards Integration (CSI) Cohort
The Content Standards Integration (CSI) Cohort is a 4-month professional development activity designed to help instructors build confidence and familiarity with integrating all three sets of MN ABE Content Standards into their curriculum and instruction.
These standards are the following:
- College & Career Readiness Standards
- Northstar Digital Literacy Standards
- Transitions Integration Framework (TIF)
Please note the following important details when considering whether to apply:
- In the CSI Cohort, you will be developing, teaching, and reflecting on standards-based lessons and units. This means that you are currently teaching or have access to an ABE classroom and students in which to pilot your materials.
- This cohort assumes that you have a foundational understanding of all three sets of MN ABE Content Standards (opportunities to receive training will be made available for those who need it before the Kickoff webinar).
What are the benefits for cohort participants?
A) Supports for Participants:
- Travel costs (hotel and mileage) for participants traveling more than 100 miles round trip to the in-person workshops will be reimbursed by ATLAS.
- In order to support participation, each participant will receive a stipend of $300 upon completion of all required cohort activities, in addition to 30 CEUs.
- Receive feedback and individualized coaching while undertaking cohort activities.
B) Instructors will be able to:
- Engage in a process to adapt and create standards-aligned units, lesson plans, and student tasks at levels appropriate for their learners.
- Identify the benefits of integrating three sets of standards.
- Utilize a process for identifying what standards are present in the materials they use and where the gaps are.
- Increase their level of comfort and confidence with all three sets of MN ABE content standards.
Important Dates and Activities
- Kickoff webinar in January: 1.5 hours
- Full-day workshop in January: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- February-May: Ongoing, active, thoughtful participation in a virtual community of practice
- February-April: Participant coaching calls with cohort facilitators
- February-May: Lesson & unit development at participant programs
- Progress-check webinars in February and March: 1.5 hours each
- Full-day culminating workshop in May: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Phone calls and written correspondence with coaches throughout the Cohort, as needed
To apply: visit the APPLICATIONS page >>