EBRI Online Courses
ATLAS Literacy & STAR Coordinator Marn Frank facilitates three online EBRI-related courses that you can browse or take to earn CEUs. They are hosted by the Minnesota Literacy Council at https://online.themlc.org/:
- Reading Assessments for ABE
- This interactive course will help ABE/ESL teachers and tutors understand the purpose and use of reading assessments: CASAS, TABE, and other diagnostic tests for determining alphabetics, fluency, and vocabulary needs. Full completion offers 4 Continuing Education Units (based on approximately 4 hours of course activity time).
- Explicit Instruction for ABE
- This interactive course will help ABE/ESL teachers and tutors improve their knowledge and use of explicit instruction, a research-based method for teaching reading, writing, and math. Full completion offers 3 Continuing Education Units (based on approximately 3 hours of course activity time).
- Teaching CCRS Reading Foundational Skills 1-4
- This interactive course will help ABE/ESL teachers and tutors improve their understanding, testing, and teaching of beginning alphabetics and fluency. These 2 reading components align with 4 College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS), Reading Foundational (RF) Skills, at Levels A-C or K-5. The instructor and participants will negotiate relevant course and activity completion for 3-6 Continuing Education Units.
To participate, go to the online training site and log into (or set up) your free account; then look for the course title in the list of courses available.