- ABE-Dev Ed Affinity Group Meeting
ABE-Dev Ed Affinity Group MeetingJanuary 20, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 11:15 am CST Free
Mark your calendar NOW, for this school year’s online ABE-Dev Ed Affinity Group meetings. Attendees are provided two meeting options to discuss the same content, allowing for greater practitioner engagement. The upcoming meeting options are:
- Thursday, January 19 (2-3:15pm) or Friday, January 20 (10-11:15am)
- Thursday, March 30 (2-3:15pm) or Friday, March 31 (10-11:15am)
Affinity Group meetings are facilitated by Lesley Blicker (https://www.linkedin.com/in/lblicker/) and Russ Fraenkel (https://www.linkedin.com/in/russell-fraenkel-44456a15/)
For more information, or to register for Affinity Group meeting participation, contact Russ Fraenkel at email@example.com
What is the ABE-Dev Ed Affinity Group?
Developing and advancing effective ABE-Dev Ed classroom partnerships is the business of ABE and Minnesota State educators working together through periodic Affinity Group (AG) meetings throughout the 2022-23 academic year. The Affinity Group – attended by ABE and Dev Ed instructors and administrators, as well as system-level administrators – continues to meet in its third academic year to ensure Minn State developmental education students are provided access to educator expertise and resources to help them complete their Dev Ed coursework in the most expeditious fashion possible.
The 75-minute AG virtual meetings provide the opportunity for educators to learn about and discuss partnership best practices. Previous AG engagement has led to:
- the development of a Dev Ed/ABE Toolkit (https://atlasabe.org/dev-ed-abe-toolkit/)
- many statewide and national presentations
- continuation grants from Minn State and ABE
- a 2023 work plan that features learning circles
- a statewide symposium to occur the morning of February 16, 2023 (stay tuned)!