- This event has passed.
- Afghan Culture and Best Practices for Workforce Providers
Afghan Culture and Best Practices for Workforce ProvidersNovember 2, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm CDT Free
Registration Deadline: NONE; please click the Join Webinar link below to join on the day of the webinar:
Join us for an overview presentation on Afghan culture and best practices for workforce providers by Naweed Ahmadzai. Naweed is the Human Resource Engagement Coordinator for Hennepin County. He is an Afghan-American who grew up in Kabul, Afghanistan and came to the U.S. in 2009 as a political asylee. Naweed speaks from personal experience with insight for those working with and supporting newly arriving Afghan evacuees coming to Minnesota.
The presentation will address the following topics of interest:
- the context out of which Afghan evacuees are arriving to Minnesota
- the diverse demographic of over 15 different ethnic groups in Afghanistan
- language and communication tips for better cross cultural connecting
- some of the main differences between Western and Eastern interactions and concepts of time
- overview of gender and family structure and implications for the workforce
NOTE: The same presentation will be given Thursday, October 28 at 3:00 PM and Tuesday, November 2 at 1:00 PM.