- This event has passed.
- Getting Familiar with Google Meet
Getting Familiar with Google MeetMay 18, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT Free
Registration Deadline: TUE. 5/18/21
Are you tutoring or teaching ABE learners on Meet? Are you using Meet for the first time or looking to refresh your memory using its common features? If so, this training will help you become more confident using the platform on your own and with your learners!
Literacy Minnesota recognizes that using new technology can be challenging and confusing, so we created a concise step-by-step training to address the most valuable features of Google Meet from both the perspective of a computer and phone.
This introductory training offers brief how-to videos, step-by-step instructions modeled for learners, and hands-on practice activities. This session will cover how to:
- Schedule meetings and send invitations to learners.
- Join meetings.
- Navigate basic in-meeting controls for audio, video, layout, and background settings.
- Send chat messages.
- Share screens with tips to simultaneously see students.
- Create and share interactive Jamboards.
- Open and manage breakout rooms.
- Identify and resolve common technical issues with your learners.