- This event has passed.
- Getting Familiar with Zoom
Getting Familiar with ZoomApril 29, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm CDT Free
Registration Deadline: THU. 4/29/21
Are you tutoring learners on Zoom? Are you using Zoom for the first time or looking to refresh your memory on how to use its common features? If so, this training will help you become more confident using Zoom on your own and with your learners!
Literacy Minnesota recognizes that using new technology can be challenging and confusing, so we created a concise step-by-step training to address the most useful features of Zoom from the perspective of the host and participant using computers and phones.
This introductory training offers brief how-to videos, step-by-step instructions modeled for learners and hands-on practice activities. This session will cover how to:
- Navigate basic in-meeting controls like mute and unmute for audio and video, view layout and renaming participants
- Use the chat box to communicate and share resources with learners
- Practice sharing presentations like Google Slides and PowerPoint
- Open the annotation toolbox to write and draw on shared documents
- Open and manage breakout rooms
- Sign up and download Zoom onto your computer or phone
- Schedule meetings and send invitations
- Join meetings and use the waiting room
- Identify and resolve common technical issues with your learners
Looking for agendas and session descriptions from previous ATLAS events? Check out our Event Flyer Archive!
Get an overview of all MN Adult Education professional development (PD) activities in one convenient, searchable place!
CEUs for Viewing ATLAS Recordings
Couldn’t attend a particular ATLAS webinar or virtual event? You can view a recording and earn 1 CEU by filling out this application form!Get Details