- This event has passed.
- HiSET Content Overview Series: Reading Comprehension, Writing and Mathematics
HiSET Content Overview Series: Reading Comprehension, Writing and MathematicsNovember 28 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm CST Free
Registration Deadlines: on the day of each webinar in the series
Join us for a three-part, hands-on workshop on Language Arts Reading Comprehension, Writing, and Mathematics. This is a “tools you can use” attendee participation presentation with practical examples and strategies for improving test taker pass rates.
- Part 1 will focus on Reading Comprehension across the subtests
- Part 2 on Writing Fluency
- Part 3 is a special look at Mathematics, as well as a review of Educator and Test Taker resources
All parts look at the College and Career (CCR) standards and how they are assessed for the HSE. Using actual test examples coupled with instructional tips and strategies for the Adult Learner (ESL, ABE, and At-Risk students), we review and examine the most challenging and often failed test topics such as linear algebra, reading comprehension, and writing fluency. Participants will have hands-on practice with specific tips and strategies for preparing students to take and pass the HiSET… the first time!
October 10, 2:00-4:00 pm
- PART 1 – HiSET Deep Dive Reading/Social Studies/Science
- (date has passed)
November 14, 2:00-4:00 pm
- PART 2 – HiSET Deep Dive Writing – BEING RESCHEDULED
November 28, 2:00-4:00 pm
- PART 3 – HiSET Deep Dive Math – BEING RESCHEDULED