- Racial Equity 201 with Jimmie Heags
Racial Equity 201 with Jimmie HeagsDecember 11 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm CST Free
Registration Deadline: MON. 12/11/23
Please note, it is recommended that you take any basic diversity, equity and inclusion class or training before you take this session, but it is not required.
This class will define and explore the origins of the white supremacy class and caste systems in the United States and the racial trauma caused as a result of these systems. The session will provide learners with a mental model for understanding and disrupting white supremacy classism and its impact on mental health. Participants will be introduced to mindfulness activities discussed in Resmaa Menakem’s book My Grandmother’s Hands for processing internalized racial embodied reflexes and trauma.
- Explore global caste systems of oppressions.
- Define and explore the origins of the white supremacy class and caste system in America.
- Examine the origins of internalized racial reflexes and trauma.
- Develop a mental model for disrupting class systems of oppression.
- Practice mindfulness activities for processing internalized racial embodied reflexes and trauma.