- This event has passed.
- Support Services Conference 2023 (Virtual)
Support Services Conference 2023 (Virtual)November 16 @ 9:00 am - November 17 @ 3:30 pm CST Free
Registration Deadline: FRI. 11/10/23
PROGRAM: The conference program including session descriptions will be posted by mid-October at https://www.mnabeassessment.com/support-services-conference.
NOTE: Links to join the Zoom sessions will be sent out via email prior to the conference, along with the conference program. If you have connection issues on the day of the conference, contact Heather Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 SUPPORT SERVICES CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
Pre-Conference – Thursday, 11/16/2023
Virtual implementation trainings for both CASAS and TABE will be offered for all staff that may be responsible for intake and assessment.
9:00-12:00 – CASAS Implementation Training (Marty Olsen)
12:30-3:30 – TABE Implementation Training (Linda Keller and Dave Haugen)
Conference – Friday, 11/17/2023
9:00-9:45 – Opening Session featuring MN State ABE Staff
10:00-10:45 – Session 1 (Choose 1)
- Google Session (Susan Wetenkamp-Brandt)
- Racial Equity Grant (See Moua-Leske and Addy Wolbaum)
- Mental Health Session (Wendy Sweeney)
11:00-11:45 – Session 2 (Choose 1)
- Updates from GED Testing Service (Melissa Hultstrand)
- CASAS Recertification (Marty Olsen)
- SiD for Onboarding Staff (Jenny Schlukebier and panel)
12:00-1:00 – Lunch
1:00-1:45 – Session 3 (Choose 1)
- TABE Recertification (Linda Keller)
- Best Practices for Intake (Rachel Stiglitz and Heather Williams)
- Deep Dive into SiD Reports (Jenny Schlukebier)
2:00-2:45 – Session 4 (Choose 1)
- Testing Strategies Open Mic (Linda Keller and panel)
- SiD – Student History (Jenny Schlukebier and Rachel Stiglitz)
- HiSET (Tess Yurik and Tanya Haug)
For more information, you can contact Marylynn Dvorak, Chair of SPARC, at email@example.com.