- This event has passed.
- Understanding and Interrupting Microaggressions
Understanding and Interrupting MicroaggressionsSeptember 29 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT Free
Registration Deadline: FRI. 9/29/23
This class will expose how institutional racism and stereotypes can lead to microaggressions. The session will provide learners with a framework for understanding, identifying and disrupting microaggressions. Participants will be introduced to the various types of microaggressions and how to use interventions to promote safer and more equitable environments.
- Articulate the connection between institutional racism and microaggressions.
- Examine the connection between white privilege and white fragility and microaggressions.
- Understand the different types of microaggressions.
- Develop interventions for disrupting microaggressions.