Navigating the Zoom Platform
1. Here are the general controls you will see once you enter a Zoom meeting.
a) Click on either Gallery View or Speaker View to change your screen setting:
- Gallery View allows you to see everyone’s video.
- Speaker View shows you only the video of the person speaking.
b) Please keep your mic and video off unless the presenter asks you to turn them on.
c) Note: You may not see the entire toolbar as shown above.
In this case, items such as Closed Caption will be found under More on the right-hand side of the toolbar, as shown below. Click Show Subtitle to enable live closed captioning.
2. Be sure to open your Chat box when you join the meeting.
Click on Chat in your toolbar to open the Chat box. Note that at the bottom of the box, you can choose to chat to everyone or just to someone specific, such as the tech help person.
3. The presenter may ask you to raise your hand.
If so, click on Participants in the toolbar and then Raise Hand. (Note: Not all presenters will use this function, especially if there is a large number of attendees.)
4. If you cannot hear any sound, you may need to adjust your audio settings.
Click the small upward arrow next to your mic icon and choose Audio Settings. Then click Test Speaker and choose the option from the dropdown menu that enables you to hear the test sound. (In the example below, that option is “Speakers [Plantronics C320].”)
5. If the presenter’s slides are cut off or seem too small, you may need to adjust your screen’s zoom ratio.
Look for the View Options tab at the top of your screen and click on it; then set your Zoom Ratio to Fit to Window as shown below:
Registration Deadline: SAT. 9/27/20 Presented by Indiana state director Marilyn Pitzulo. Learn More
Registration deadline: MON. 9/28/20 Led by Indiana state director Marilyn Pitzulo, all are welcome. Learn More