ABE Foundations Workshops
Are you new to the world of Adult Basic Education (ABE) and need some assistance in understanding how it all fits together, what your role is, and where you can find helpful resources and additional information? Or perhaps you simply need a refresher on some basics?
ATLAS works with Literacy Action Network to host face-to-face ABE Foundations workshops twice a year:
- As an 8.75-hour Pre-Conference session at the ABE Summer Institute, held each August in St. Cloud.
- As a shortened 3-hour session at the Support Services Conference, held each November in the Twin Cities.
These workshops provide an overview of ABE in Minnesota, including topics such as:
- ABE students and their goals
- ABE delivery system
- ABE content standards
- Adult secondary credentials
- Policy and accountability expectations
- Professional development
You will have the opportunity to ask questions, meet ABE professionals from around the state, participate in roundtable discussions, and learn about additional professional development options. All staff new to ABE are highly encouraged to attend this workshop!