- Key Activities
- MN Adult Ed (ABE) Staff Resources
MN Adult Ed (ABE) Staff Resources
Are you new to the world of adult education (ABE) and need some assistance in understanding how it all fits together, what your role is, and where you can find helpful resources and additional information? Or perhaps you simply need a refresher on some basics? If so, you are in the right place!
ATLAS offers professional development and resources to help you build your foundational knowledge of ABE.
Below you will find information on face-to-face workshops as well as the MN Adult Ed (ABE) Foundations online course hosted by ATLAS.
In addition, ATLAS houses an online library of FAQs with information on subjects such as:
- Intro to Adult Education Students
- MN Adult Secondary Credentials
- MN Adult Education Model and Delivery System
- MN Adult Education Policy & Accountability
- Content Standards
- MN Adult Education Professional Development
- MN Adult Education Support Network
What an interesting (!) time to be joining our field. Welcome! If you are new to the world of Adult Basic Education (ABE), then the online ABE Foundations course (see information below) is for you. But you are not alone! ATLAS is holding a series of 3 webinars to complement participation in the online course.
This free online Schoology course provides an introduction to the world of Adult Basic Education. Participants can complete the entire course or access specific topics for a refresher, and can earn 6 CEUs for successful completion of all lesson reviews in the course.
ATLAS works with Literacy Action Network to host face-to-face ABE Foundations workshops twice a year:
- As a 9-hour Pre-Conference session at the ABE Summer Institute, held each August in St. Cloud.
- As a shortened 3-hour session at the Support Services Conference, held each November in the Twin Cities.