Minnesota Numeracy Instruction Advisory Team
The Minnesota Numeracy Instruction Advisory Team (MNI A-Team) is an ATLAS-sponsored team designed to strengthen math and numeracy teaching and learning in Minnesota ABE through relevant, meaningful, and effective professional development for practitioners.
The Minnesota Numeracy Instruction Advisory Team consists of the ATLAS Director, the MDE PD Specialist, the ATLAS Numeracy Coordinator and additional practitioners from various levels of instruction (CCRS A-E). The A- Team will provide input, guidance, and content knowledge for the state’s PD around numeracy instruction.
The A-Team is responsible for visioning and implementing a long-term strategic plan for numeracy PD in Minnesota, as well as specific tasks yearly to support established PD efforts, such as the September ABE Math Institute, regional workshops, etc.
Expectations for A-Team members:
- Commit to serve a 2-year term on the MNI A-Team
- Participate in two full-day planning meetings yearly
- Participate in two ½-day meetings yearly
- Participate in up to 3 conference calls or web meetings if needed
- Respond to electronic requests for input/feedback in a timely manner (within 1-2 business days)
- Attend and assist as needed at the ABE Math Institute
- Bring local/regional PD needs to the committee
- Take on a leadership role in MN ABE PD, including disseminating information & resources to colleagues and possibly presenting workshops or webinars as needed
- Attend Numeracy PD as able to inform the group and provide insights toward our goals
Program representatives will receive the following through ATLAS (if eligible*):
- A stipend of $350/year in recognition of work on the committee
- Reimbursement for mileage if traveling more than 100 miles round trip to attend
- Reimbursement for lodging if needed; the cost for meals will be reimbursed at the state levels if attendance requires overnight stay
- Sub reimbursement for meeting dates, as negotiated with ATLAS (contact Patsy if you’d like to pursue)
- Lunch provided on full-day meeting days
- CEUs for meetings
* Note: As a state grant, ATLAS is not permitted to pay or reimburse any state employee, including Minnesota State System and DOC staff.
The MNI A-Team will be looking for new members in 2021, once our current members’ terms have ended.
See the 2019 MNI A-Team Application Form for additional information.