In this resource library, we will be posting information about the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education (CCRS), which is a central component of the content standards being implemented in Minnesota ABE.
The CCRS is one of three main documents that comprise these standards, each focusing on an essential area of knowledge and skills our adult students need for success in post-secondary education and technical training, workforce, citizenship and community integration.
- College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education (CCRS) – English Language Arts/Literacy, Math, and Foundational Reading Skills.
Get an introduction to the CCRS and earn 10-16 CEUs by taking a FREE online course, CCRS Foundations: An Introduction to the College & Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education!
To access the course, take these simple steps:
1) Go to schoology.com and Sign Up as an Instructor.
2) On the top blue bar, choose Courses, and then click My Courses on the right.
3) Click Join a Course and then enter the course access code FDF9M-R6WTR.
Find out more >>
Participate in the CCRS Implementation Cohort, which kicks off each fall! Find out more >>
- Transitions Integration Framework (TIF) – Key transitions skills in the areas of effective communication, developing a future pathway, navigating systems, learning strategies, self-management, and more. This document is a main component of the Academic, Career, and Employability Skills (ACES) initiative.
For a summarized version of this in-depth document, see the TIF at a Glance.
- Northstar Digital Literacy Standards – Basic digital literacy skills needed to perform tasks on computers and online.
- For more information, see Incorporating Northstar Digital Literacy Standards, presented at the South ABE Regional on April 8, 2016.
To learn even more about content standards implementation in Minnesota ABE, visit the Content Standards page.
If you are having trouble finding what you are looking for, try using the SEARCH function in the box above.