2023 ABE Support Services Conference Call for ProposalsMarty Olsen, State Assessment Trainer
SPARC (Support Professionals Advisory Resource Committee) is now seeking presentation proposals for the 2023 ABE Support Services Conference. The conference will again be presented virtually. We hope that new and experienced ABE support staff will consider sharing their ideas and expertise with their colleagues at the statewide conference.
2023 ABE Support Services Conference Overview
- The conference will be held Thursday, November 16 – Friday, November 17, 2023.
- CASAS and TABE Implementation trainings will be held on Thursday, November 16.
- All concurrent sessions will be on Friday, November 17.
- Concurrent sessions will be 45 minutes long.
- Sessions will be presented using the ZOOM platform, with tech support and room host.
- Online – Prior to the conference, links for all sessions will be sent to those who are registered.
Proposals on all topics are encouraged, but we’re especially trying to address the following topics, which align with the specific duties and responsibilities of our support professionals:
- SiD Database Management
- Email Communication
- Technology Tools: Software and/or Equipment
- Customer Service:
- Cultural Awareness & Understanding ABE Populations
- Effective Client Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Effective Work Culture:
- Time & Task Management
- Professionalism & Communication
- Understanding Self & Others
Your colleagues would love to hear what you’re doing in your programs and classrooms to address these areas!
Submit a Proposal
Download the Proposal Form and follow the instructions there to submit your form:
The deadline to submit a proposal is Friday, September 29, 2023!
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies