ABE Foundations at-a-Distance: Fall Webinar Series!Patsy Egan, ATLAS Director
This fall, given the inability to hold the in-person ABE Foundations Workshop at Summer Institute, the online course is a great option for those new to ABE! However, it’s a lot of information, and we recognize that having the in-person workshop allows you to ask questions, meet key leaders in the field, and build relationships with other colleagues new to ABE.
So, to add to the online course experience, we are offering a 3-webinar series to support your entry into the field – on October 18, October 25, and November 1, 2021. Come to one, two, or all of them as your schedule allows!
What’s the purpose of the webinar series?
- To complement the ABE Foundations online course.
- To provide a guided, connected way to complete the ABE Foundations online course content in a short, defined timeframe with colleagues.
- To provide space for asking questions, sharing successes and challenges related to our current work.
- To meet and network, and form relationships with ABE leaders and fellow practitioners in the state.
Can I get CEUs?
Of course! There are 12 CEUs possible: 6 for the online course, 4.5 for webinars (1.5 given out after each one), plus additional 1.5 for between webinar work for those who complete all 3 webinars.
How will this work?
To complete the online course in a supported way, this series of 3 webinars complements simultaneous participation in ABE Foundations Online Course according to the following timeline. Note that an optional 4th webinar specific to support staff personnel is being planned for the Support Staff Conference in mid-November, too!
October 18, 2021- 1:30-3:00 pm – Live Webinar 1
Preparation for for Live Webinar 1 on October 18
- Complete these two modules prior to Live Webinar 1:
- Introduction to ABE Students
- MN Adult Secondary Credentials
October 25, 2021 – 1:30-3:00 pm – Live Webinar 2
Preparation for Live Webinar 2 on October 25
- Complete these two modules prior to Live Webinar 2:
- MN ABE Model & Delivery System
- MN ABE Policy & Accountability
- Complete these tasks before Live Webinar 2:
- Follow up task on ABE intro, students and secondary credentials
- Complete ABE Foundations Online Course Modules on Model and Delivery System and Policy and Accountability
- Submit questions on the model/delivery system, policy and accountability
November 1, 1:30-3:00 pm – Live Webinar 3
Preparation for Live Webinar 3 on October 25
- Complete these three modules prior to Live Webinar 3:
- Introduction to MN Content Standards for ABE
- Professional Development Resources
- Complete these tasks before Live Webinar 3:
- Follow up task on ABE Model and Delivery System and Policy and Accountability
- Complete ABE Foundations Modules on ABE Content Standards, Volunteers, and PD Resources
- Submit questions on the ABE Content Standards, Volunteers, and PD Resources
Optional Session 4 – What I Wish I Would Have Known Sooner (panel discussion)
Scheduled for Friday, November 19, 2021 as part of the Support Services Conference
Get more information: More details about each webinar can be found on our ABE Foundations at a Distance page.
Questions? Please contact Patsy Egan at email@example.com.
How do I sign up? Each webinar will appear in the ATLAS Events calendar with a registration link. You must register for each one (see registration links above).
Originally published 9/24/21
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies