Encourage Your Students to Consider a Caring Career!Rita Beatty, Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
Share the word with your Adult Education students: Employers are looking for people to provide care to elders and people with disabilities in your area.
Working in home-, community- and facility-based care is a great opportunity for a person to discover if a Caring Career is the right path to take – while getting paid.
No previous health care or social service experience is necessary for many positions.
People can start on an in-demand career path without paying for a college degree.
Caring Careers offer fulfilling employment that makes a real difference in the lives of others!
- Contact a CareerForce location near you to find out about Caring Career employers hiring in your area – and share this information with your students.
- Share ideas with CareerForce staff about how you can collaborate in new ways to help your students explore their career options and find employment.
View all the career exploration and job search resources on CareerForceMN.com/Caring Career; there are many resources in English as well as Amharic, Dari, Karen, Oromo, Pashto, Somali, Spanish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
- ABE Foundations/Staff Onboarding
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies