- MN ABE Connect
- New Google Meet Training for Tutors and Teachers
New Google Meet Training for Tutors and TeachersAndy Francis, Access Coordinator
Is your program using Meet to teach or tutor ABE learners? Are your volunteers or teachers looking to refresh their memory using its common features? If so, this training will help you and your team become more confident using Meet independently and with learners!
Literacy Minnesota recognizes that using new technology can be challenging, so we’ve created a concise step-by-step training to address the most valuable Meet features from both the perspective of using a computer and a phone.
Check out Literacy Minnesota’s Training Calendar to register for our first training Wednesday, April 21, from 10:00-11:00 am CDT. This introductory training offers brief how-to videos, step-by-step instructions modeled for learners, and hands-on practice activities. This session will cover how to:
- Schedule meetings and send invitations to learners.
- Join meetings.
- Navigate basic in-meeting controls for audio, video, layout, and background settings.
- Send chat messages.
- Share screens with tips to simultaneously see students.
- Create and share interactive Jamboards.
- Open and manage breakout rooms.
- Identify and resolve common technical issues with your learners.
I will share all of the training material with participants, including slides, videos, and a troubleshooting guide for tutors and learners. ABE programs can also request the materials to use and adapt for their purposes.
Please contact Andy Francis at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the training.
Get MN ABE Connect—the official source for ABE events, activities, and resources!Sign Up
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies