Nominate Your Colleague for an Award for Excellence in Volunteer Engagement!Wendy Roberts, Volunteer Outreach and Hotline Manager
The Award for Excellence in Volunteer Engagement, given annually by Minnesota Literacy Council, honors a professional in the field of ABE and K-12 who demonstrates vision, diligence, and commitment to integrating volunteers into literacy programs. The award is open to all ABE and K-12 staff: teachers, volunteer coordinators, support staff, program managers or other roles.
Strong candidates are ABE or K-12 staff in any role who:
- Have made a significant contribution to developing a culture that is supportive of volunteers.
- Have developed or improved an outstanding volunteer program that incorporates the essential elements of leading volunteers; OR have developed creative ways to solve classroom challenges through volunteer engagement.
- Demonstrate the ideals of the Minnesota Literacy Council’s Volunteer Vision Statement.
- Are currently employed in a literacy program, or have provided service within the past year.
- Plan to attend the Volunteer Management Conference luncheon on Friday, December 6.
Nominate your colleague via the webform at mnliteracy.org/engageaward!
The deadline for submissions is Friday, November 8. Awards will be presented at the annual ABE Volunteer Management Conference on Friday, December 6.
For more information, visit the award webpage or read about past award winners. Please contact Wendy Roberts with any questions you may have: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies