A Walk in My Shoes Documentary Series: First Generation College Students
This series of 5 short videos was created by Kansas State University College of Education. In each video, a first-generation college student shares their inspirational story. The videos are a great resource for bringing diverse voices and perspectives into the classroom, and they would make for wonderful conversation starters. Some topics for you to consider getting your students to speak or write about include:
- Does our school/program do enough to help students succeed? What could we be doing better?
- Who have been your role biggest models?
- Who are the people in your life who have supported you the most?
- Do you think about going to college? What would you like to study?
- Do you see yourself as someone who could be successful in college? Why or why not?
- What are the biggest challenges that you face when it comes to your education?