Summer Institute 2018 Poster Sessions NeededRob Podlasek, Training Director
Summer Institute is all about sharing and learning from your colleagues. Help make the event a success by presenting a poster session!
It doesn’t need to be fancy.
- Make a poster highlighting a program innovation, new teaching routine, exciting classroom activity, etc.
- Create a handout that people can take with them. During the poster session (1:15-2:00 pm on Thursday, August 16)
- Stand by your poster, meet with your peers and answer questions. It’s like a science fair for ABE teachers!
Looking for ideas? Here are some of the topics from last year’s event:
- Introduction to Evidence
- Using Webquests to Engage Students in Learning.
- Adult Career Pathways Curriculum Resource Library
- How Lake Superior College and ISD 709 Adult Education Have Partnered within Integrated Instruction and Adult Education Courses on Campus
- I Am An Immigrant
- Unmasking Our Challenges and Successes: Through Art and Writing, ABE Students Share their Challenges and Celebrate their Achievements
- Internships: Cultural Orientation to Advancement in the American Workplace
- Keep Calm * De-stress * and Learn!
- ABE and Out of School Youth: A Growing Partnership
- Making Words Stick: Activities for Vocabulary Retention
- Literacy Work Station Materials for the Minnesota Literacy Council’s Pre-Beginning Stories
- Learning thru Sharing Program: A Win-Win for Students and Communities
- A Tool To Get Students Asking Questions and Reading Closely
- Stretching into CCRS Alignment: Incorporating the ELA Shifts from a Practitioner’s Perspective
- Lesson Remodel! Building the Three CCRS ELA Shifts into your Classroom Lessons and Practices
- A New Take on Taking Notes: An Interactive Lesson to Teach Beginning Note-taking Skills.
- The Importance of Digital Literacy in Pre-Literate and Beginning EL Classrooms
- Using the Clementine to Enhance Observation Skills and Empathy for Volunteers
- Women’s Wealth and Health Equity
- Resources for Supporting ESL Teachers and Volunteers
- Math CCRS in Action – Adding Integers
What great idea do YOU have to share?
Deadline for Poster Session proposals is May 31.
If you have questions or want more information, email Rob Podlasek at RPodlasek@mnliteracy.org.
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies