Summer Institute Poster Sessions NeededRob Podlasek, Training Director
The 2021 Summer Institute Conference will again be virtual. And so will poster sessions. We are looking for people to create virtual poster sessions that will be available for viewing during the conference (and probably after!). Last year, poster sessions had over 800 views!
What is a virtual poster session?
A virtual poster session is a 3-10 minute video highlighting a program activity, a great resource you’ve developed, an EdTech tip, a classroom best practice or anything else you would like to share with your ABE colleagues.
How do I make one?
- Create a short slideshow.
- Record it using your favorite screen capturing tool. Or, you can create a video in any other format you prefer.
- Upload it to Flipgrid. (It’s easy! Directions will be provided.)
- Share any handouts you have that will be available to conference participants.
Why should I do one?
So many great reasons!
- The opportunity to help the ABE field grow by sharing what you’ve been doing
- A chance to share the great things you’ve been doing in your p
- The chance to develop your virtual poster making skills
- 3 CEUs
- And the chance to win one of two $25 Amazon gift cards
Do I need to attend the rest of the conference in order to do a poster session?
Nope! Anyone can submit a poster session. As you are still eligible for CEUs and the door prize drawing.
Are there examples?
Sure! Here’s one from teacher Lindsey Pust about a routine she has created for her math class.
And here’s one from Andrea Echelberger about how to create a video using Screencast-o-Matic.
Is there a deadline?
Deadline for submitting a poster session proposal is August 5.
Deadline for uploading your video is August 11.
How do I submit a proposal?
To submit a poster session proposal, go to http://literacyactionnetwork.org/summer-institute/poster-session-information. We will then contact you and help you create and upload your video.
For more information, contact Rob Podlasek at RPodlasek@LiteracyMN.org
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies