Support Staff Conference Call for ProposalsMarty Olsen, Coordinator
SPARC (Support Professionals Advisory Resource Committee) is now seeking presentation proposals for the 2018 ABE Support Services Conference, which will be held November 7 and 8 at the Minnesota Department of Education, Roseville, MN. We hope that new and experienced ABE support staff will consider sharing their ideas and expertise with their colleagues at this statewide conference.
2019 ABE Support Services Conference Overview
- The conference will be Thursday, November 7 and Friday, November 8, 2019.
- All concurrent sessions will be on Friday, November 8, 2019.
- Concurrent sessions will be 85 minutes long. Presenters will need to give participants 5-10 minutes during or at the end of the session to complete an action plan to document lessons learned and identify next steps to apply what they learned.
- Rooms will have an LCD projector, screen, flip chart and markers. Presenters will be responsible for bringing a laptop or any additional materials.
- Minnesota Department of Education (1500 Commerce St., Roseville, MN 55113)
- Conference Center B (Entrance located behind Target, next to National American University)
Proposals on all topics are encouraged, but we’re especially trying to address the following topics, which align with the new ABE Support Professionals Certificate:
- SiD Database Management
- Email Communication
- Technology Tools: Software and/or Equipment
- Customer Service:
- Cultural Awareness & Understanding ABE Populations
- Effective Client Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Effective Work Culture:
- Time & Task Management
- Professionalism & Communication
- Understanding Self & Others
Your colleagues would love to hear what you’re doing in your programs and classrooms to address these areas!
Session proposals are due Monday, September 9, 2018!
You will be notified by October 8, 2019 whether your proposal has been accepted.
For more information about SPARC and the Support Services Conference, check the assessment training website at https://www.mnabeassessment.com/support-services-conference.
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies