The Technology Leadership Academy is for YOU!Cathy Grady, Assistant Supervisor
Join the Technology Leadership Academy!
Enhance technology integration and expertise within your ABE program with coaching, training and support targeted to your program’s specific technology-related needs and priorities.
January – May 2019 (application due November 15)
- Initial capacity assessment: 1-2 hours (to be completed in November)
- Review of capacity assessment with TLA coach (at your ABE location, weather permitting): 2-3 hours (December – January)
- Monthly check-in with coach: 1 hour (January- April)
- Additional training and coaching in person or via webinar: determined based on goals (no more than 3 hours per month)
- Final in-person wrap up meeting in St. Paul: 3 hours (May)
Total time required: 10-20 hours
Travel expenses will be covered for staff of programs located more than 50 miles away from St. Paul. Stipends are available to pay for substitute teachers if needed.
A total of 5-20, based on work completed
As part of the Technology Leadership Academy (TLA), your program will:
- Complete a program-wide technology capacity self-assessment.
- Set TLA goals that align with your program-specific needs and priorities.
- Receive regular phone/web/in-person check-ins and coaching with a technology liaison from the MN ABE Support Network.
- Share ideas and resources with other participating ABE programs.
- Access online or in-person technology trainings as needed.
Preferably two people from your program will participate; it is recommended that one participant be a manager or lead teacher. However, if this is not possible, please apply anyway. Priority will be given to consortia that have upcoming deadlines for five-year narratives.
You may also contact Cathy Grady: 651-744-1417 (office), 651-485-4066 (cell), or at email@example.com.
This project is made possible by a Supplemental Services grant from the ABE office of the Minnesota Department of Education.
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies