2019 ABE Award Nominations OpenKarla Vien, Administrative Coordinator
Every year Literacy Action Network honors teachers, students, managers, advocates, programs and projects working and succeeding in Adult Basic Education. The individual and group awards will be handed out during the ABE Summer Institute Conference’s Annual ABE awards ceremony held the evening of August 15. The PONI awards will be presented the morning of August 16.
Please consider submitting a nomination for someone or an organization you feel deserves this honor and acknowledgement!
Please review the nomination process form and submit your ABE award nomination electronically; you may start, save and return to your form as you are completing it. Information regarding submission is included in the nomination form directions. Nominations are being accepted through May 31, 2019.
- ABE Teacher of the Year: Given to a teacher in an ABE program to recognize outstanding performance as a teacher.
- ABE Outstanding Learner: Given to a learner who has made a significant impact on adult literacy and has a powerful commitment to volunteer and lead peers.
- ABE Leadership: Given to an individual in the ABE field who demonstrates exemplary leadership, flexibility, or creativity in his/her ABE program.
- Outstanding Service and Achievement Award: Given to an ABE professional who has dedicated at least 10 years to the field and whose service has made a significant impact on their program, their region or the state.
Individual or Group Awards
- ABE Advocacy Award: These awards can be given in many different categories for an individual/group’s work in promoting/advocating for adult literacy and learners.
- ABE Partner Award: Given to a business, nonprofit organization, social service agency, or foundation that has provided significant assistance in serving learners or our communities.
PONI Award – ABE Projects of Need and Innovation
These awards are presented to outstanding projects that meet a unique need or demonstrate innovation in the field of ABE. A project is either a one-time event or an ongoing activity within an ABE program. In order to recognize as many projects of need and innovation, all projects meeting 80% of the criteria will receive a PONI award.
Award information and nominations forms can also be found on our website at:
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies