2020 Language & Literacy Institute: Registration now open!Patsy Egan, Director
Mark your calendars for the 2020 Language & Literacy Institute on January 23-24! This is ATLAS’s largest event each year, a two-day conference that you will NOT want to miss!
Registration is now OPEN, so register on the ATLAS website at https://atlasabe.org/event/2020-language-literacy-institute/. Note that you will need to register for specific workshops, so please take a look at the conference program BEFORE registering!
Based on YOUR feedback, we are continuing with the following features:
- Morning sessions are 3 hours, and afternoon sessions are 90 minutes in length.
- One Friday session is ALL- day – with a national speaker (Connie Rivera) speaking on integrating math in ESL classes.
- An earlier end-time on Friday allows those coming from a distance to hit the road while not missing sessions.
- Lunch is included both days.
Language & Literacy Institute Details
When? January 23-24, 2020
Where? Delta Hotels by Marriott Minneapolis Northeast
What? Two full days of language and literacy related workshops
Just a few of the great topics to look for:
- CCRS ELA Foundations (Note: This will be a full-day session on Thursday, Jan 23)
- Integrating Math & ESL (Note: This will be a full-day session on Friday, Jan 24)
- Distance Learning
- Digital Literacy & Technology Enhanced Instruction for Lower Levels of ESL
- Making Thinking Visible
- Listening Instruction
- Refugee Resettlement
- Integrating ALL the Standards
- Northstar Digital Literacy
- CASAS/TABE Question Types
- Numeracy Routines in Language Classrooms
- Census 2020
- ESL Writing
- Multilevel Standards-based instruction for Adult ESL
- Reading for Details
- LGBTQIA+ Representation
- Contextualized Grammar
- Project-Based Learning for ESL
- Career Pathway Course Design
ATLAS will again cover both hotel and mileage costs for those travelling over 50 miles one-way. There is no scholarship application to fill out; ATLAS will pay the hotel directly for your lodging (details here), and you can simply submit an ATLAS invoice after the conference to receive your mileage reimbursement. (Please note that extra meals outside the conference are not included in the travel scholarship.)
Hope to see you at the 2020 Language & Literacy Institute!
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies