2022 Language & Literacy Institute: Registration Now Open!Kristine Kelly, ATLAS Literacy Coordinator
Mark your calendars for the 2022 Language & Literacy (virtual) Institute on January 27-28, 2022! This is ATLAS’s largest event each year, a two-day conference of language and literacy-related workshops that you will NOT want to miss. If you teach any aspect of language and literacy—at any level—this event is for you!
Registration is now OPEN (as of January 4).
On the registration page you will also find the full schedule and information about each session and its presenters. As this conference is being offered virtually, there is NO FEE to attend, but you do need to register in order to receive the Zoom links for the sessions.
In addition to two days of interactive, dynamic online workshops, this year’s institute will continue to offer shorter “Take ‘n Bake” informational sessions, Networking Coffee Breaks with colleagues who teach similar content or within a similar context, as well as optional affinity group time (e.g., LGBTQ+, BIPOC, anti-racism).
This year’s virtual Language & Literacy Institute includes sessions on a variety of relevant topics.
2022 Language & Literacy Institute topics:
- strategies for improving math language comprehension
- getting different levels of ELs writing
- academic vocabulary
- Green Card Voices
- reading routines for ELs
- HiSET reading & writing
- developing reasoning around GED persuasive text
- dialogic reading
- using Padlet
- hyflex/hybrid instruction for ELs
- writing at the CCRS D level
- CCRS speaking & listening for low-level ELs and diploma/HSE level
- creating sets of shared learning outcomes for IETs (Integrated Education & Training)
- translanguaging as an antiracist practice
- EBRI (Evidence-Based Reading Instruction) & explicit instruction
- financial literacy & health literacy
- working with low-level American-born readers
- TVM (Teacher Verification Model) lesson workshop
- creating and using word sorts at multiple levels
- teaching literacy through a social justice lens
- citizenship update
- using common texts to target CCRS B/C levels
- HiSET/GED comparison
We hope you’ll join us on January 27 & 28 for the 2022 Language & Literacy Institute!
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies