2023 VIRTUAL Literacy Volunteer Management Conference (VMC)Meghan Boyle, Tutor Training Coordinator
Literacy Minnesota’s Volunteer Outreach and Training Department is now seeking proposals for the 2023 VIRTUAL Literacy Volunteer Management Conference (VMC). We strongly encourage both novice and experienced presenters to submit a proposal. The field needs your voice and ideas! Some stipends and support in developing a session from Literacy Minnesota training staff are available.
- Conference date is Friday, December 8.
- Sessions are one hour (9:15-10:15, 10:30-11:30, 12:30-1:30, 1:45-2:45).
- Sessions will be delivered virtually via Zoom.
- Tech hosts are provided.
- Some stipends are available.
- Proposals are due Tuesday, October 17.
- Notice of acceptance/rejection will be sent by Tuesday, October 24.
- Support in developing a session is available.
Questions to ponder when considering to propose or not to propose:
- Have you been working with volunteers in new and different ways?
- Do you have tips and tricks to share that would make the lives of other volunteer managers easier?
- Is there a topic you think people have forgotten about that you want to bring back to the forefront?
- What is something you think the field should be talking about, but isn’t?
- What are you good at in your volunteer support role? How can you share your expertise to help other volunteer management and teaching professionals?
Fill out this short form to submit a proposal on or before Tuesday, October 17. Contact tutor training coordinator Meghan Boyle at email@example.com with any questions. We look forward to reading your proposal!
- ABE Foundations/Staff Onboarding
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies