CCRS Cohort Applications Due June 1!Kristine Kelly, Literacy & ELA Coordinator
Is your program ready to dig into implementing the College & Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education? Would you benefit from a team of teachers and an administrator from your site working together throughout the year with face-to-face workshops on English Language Arts (ELA) and Math, focused time to plan together, and technical assistance from CCRS specialists? Consider applying for the third CCRS cohort beginning fall 2018!
This CCRS Implementation Cohort is an intensive, long-term professional development activity from ATLAS. Participation in this training will prepare program teams to align curriculum and instruction to the CCR standards and develop a long-term standards implementation plan for their program.
But don’t take just my word for it! Check out what two participants in this year’s cohort recently had to say:
“CCRS has also caused me to consider my approach at teaching and I think that has had a positive impact with the students as well. For example, in each Math lesson, I think about the Math Practices I want my students to utilize and that helps shape my lessons and make them more effective.”
– MCF-Moose Lake
“CCRS is not going away, and it will take patience and effort to replace what you are doing now with a very new, very different system. However, if you use the tools given in the Cohort and available through ATLAS, the MLC, and other professional development opportunities, alignment will happen.”
– American Indian OIC
Please note the following important details when considering whether to apply as a program:
- Prerequisite = CCRS Foundations training in ELA or math, depending on which content area you plan to participate in during the Cohort
- All future Adult Diploma programs need to go through CCRS cohort training prior to launch
- Program application: 3-5 individuals (Ideally, at least one administrator/coordinator from a program, one math teacher and one ELA teacher.). There is an opportunity to add more later, if space is available.
Important Dates and Activities
- Kick-off webinar on September 19, 2018 from 2:00-3:30 pm
- CCRS Institute I on October 11-12, 2018 in Brooklyn Center
- December webinars:
- ELA content group: Monday, December 10, 2018 from 2:00-3:30
- Administrators: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 from 10:30-12:00
- Math content group: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 from 2:00-3:30
- CCRS Institute II on February 28-March 1, 2019 in Brooklyn Center
- April webinars:
- Administrators: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 from 10:30-12:00
- Math content group: Wednesday, April 16, 2019 from 2:00-3:30
- ELA content group: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 from 2:00-3:30
- Ongoing, active, and thoughtful participation in our Schoology online cohort community
- Participation in team meetings and completion of implementation tasks throughout the year at your site
- Phone calls and written correspondence with an assigned CCRS coach throughout the year as needed
Supports for Participants
- ATLAS will reimburse travel costs (hotel and mileage) for participants traveling more than 100 miles round trip to the in-person workshops.
- In order to support participation, programs will receive a stipend of $400 per team member upon their completion of all required cohort activities.
What will you learn by being in this cohort?
Program teams will be able to:
- Articulate the benefits of standards-based education for their students, program, & staff
- Align materials and resources used regularly in ABE instruction
- Articulate which standards are being addressed in courses and instruction
- Improve instruction and courses to incorporate shifts and standards appropriate to student levels
- Develop a long-term standards implementation plan for their local program
Administrators will be able to:
- Conduct standards-focused classroom observations and teacher feedback sessions to support implementation and improve instruction
- Identify supports and resources instructors may need to implement standards-based instruction
Instructors will be able to:
- Improve units, lesson plans, and student tasks to incorporate shifts and standards appropriate to student levels
- Participate in standards-focused classroom observations and teacher feedback sessions to support implementation and improve instruction
Application for the CCRS Implementation Cohort is due June 1, and programs will be notified by June 8 of their acceptance.
More details about next year’s cohort can be found in the application (also posted on the APPLICATIONS page). Please direct any questions regarding the application to Kristine Kelly, ATLAS ELA Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Originally published 4/24/18
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies