Check Out the 2019 Literacy Volunteer Management Conference Sessions!Wendy Roberts, Volunteer Outreach and Hotline Manager
Friday, December 6, 2019
8:15 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Minnesota Department of Education, Conference Center A
1500 Commerce St., Roseville, MN 55113
The Literacy Volunteer Management Conference (VMC) is for Adult Basic Education and K-12 staff who work with volunteers: teachers, coordinators, managers and support staff.
Choose from 12 concurrent sessions that offer multiple ways volunteers and staff can work collaboratively to ensure student success. Gain fresh ideas, resources and tools for engaging volunteers in the classroom and learn strategies for integrating volunteers into your program to meet all kinds of learner needs. Participants earn six CEUs. Register today!
8:15-8:45 a.m. | Registration and Breakfast
8:45-9:55 a.m. | Concurrent Sessions
10:05-11:15 a.m. | Concurrent Sessions
11:15 a.m.-12:25 p.m. | Lunch and Excellence in Volunteer Engagement Award Ceremony
12:30-1:40 p.m. | Concurrent Sessions
1:50-3:00 p.m. | Concurrent Sessions
Questions? Contact Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-251-9063.
Minnesota Adult Basic Education staff: If you are traveling more than 50 miles for the conference, please contact Wendy at email@example.com by November 15, 2019 for hotel arrangements.
- Volunteer Management Basics
- Engaging and Recruiting Volunteers from Communities of Color
- Depression and Suicide Prevention
- Risk Management: When Volunteers Require Extra Attention
- Reppin’ the Rainbow: LGBTQIA+ Topics in ABE
- Using Video Chat To Reach Students and Volunteers
- Why Don’t You Try… Effective Teaching Feedback for Volunteers
- A Conversation on Engaging Volunteers With Disabilities
- Volunteer Motivation
- Resources to Train and Support Classroom Volunteers
- Supporting Multilingual Volunteers in the Classroom
- Racial Equity 101
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies