October 4, 2016
Fall Update on All Things Distance Learning in MN ABE: Information You Need to Know!Tom Cytron-Hysom, Consultant
With the change in state-sponsored platforms, there is a lot of information to share! Please note the following:
- Proxy hours: Time that should be claimed for Burlington English and Plato Edmentum is time-on-task as shown in their learner management system reports, plus 15 minutes per hour to account for teacher contact time. You can access an Excel spreadsheet that will do all of the necessary computations on the MNABE DL website under Platform News. A screen cast on how to run Burlington English reports and enter data into the spreadsheet is also on the Platform webpage, under Burlington English.
- Plato webinars: These are scheduled as follows: Oct 17: 1-4 pm (intro); Oct 24: 1-4 pm (advanced); Nov 14: 1-4 pm (intro); Dec 9: 1-4 pm (intro); Dec 19: 1-4 pm (advanced). Webinars cover the administrator and teacher aspects of the program to begin enrolling students.
- Burlington English: In late October, we will be reviewing seat usage for all consortia that have been assigned Burlington English seats. If significant numbers of assigned seats are not being used, they will be reassigned to other consortia.
- Skills Tutor: Content will not be available after December 31. Please make sure you transition your distance learning students into other approved platforms well before this time.
- Northstar: Updated modules have been released for Windows 10; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2016; and Mac OS. Sponsor sites can access these through their admin panels.
- For help on all things related to Minnesota ABE distance learning:
- Search the website
- Email us at email@example.com
Tom Cytron-Hysom, Consultant MN ABE Distance Learning
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies