Join an Advisory Team and Help Guide Professional Development in MN ABE!Patsy Egan, Director
Do you like thinking about how we grow as professional educators in ABE? Interested in helping design workshops, study circles, job-embedded cohort-experiences, conferences, and other professional development (PD) events? Three unique leadership opportunities are coming up for Minnesota ABE practitioners. Your unique expertise and interests may be just what we need!
We are currently seeking applications for ABE teachers and administrators to serve as program representatives on three different advisory teams. Each of the three teams is tasked with designing relevant, meaningful, and effective professional development for practitioners within its area of focus:
- Language & Literacy Advisory Team (known as LLATé)- language, reading, and writing instruction, including the January Language & Literacy Institute
- Minnesota Numeracy Instruction Advisory Team (known as the MNI A-Team) – math and numeracy teaching, including the September ABE Math Institute
- Transitions Professional Development Advisory Team (no nickname yet; it’s new!) – Adult Career Pathways (ACP) PD in Minnesota, particularly around establishing partnerships with local colleges and employers, reaching out to Local Workforce Development Boards, and recruiting ACP students
Program representatives play a critical role in bringing local/regional PD needs to the committee and sharing PD information & resources with practitioners in their region! They must be currently employed with a Minnesota ABE program and have experience with ABE instruction or administration. Experience planning, delivering, or participating in local, regional or statewide professional development is a plus. Representatives receive a stipend in recognition of their work on the committee and gain valuable experience collaborating with a diverse group of ABE professionals on meaningful PD work that benefits ABE practitioners and programs.
Applications for each of the teams are due by Friday, May 24. Committee members will be selected to ensure representation from diverse regions, types of programs, roles, and areas of expertise. ATLAS will review applications and notify applicants of their selections by Friday, June 7, 2019. If you have any questions about these committees, please contact Patsy Egan, ATLAS Director, email@example.com.
We’d also like to extend a huge thank-you to our outgoing LLATé and MNI A-Team members for their commitment and contributions to MN ABE professional development!
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies