Join Us for the MN ABE Math Institute on September 21!Patsy Egan, Director Astrid Liden, ABE Professional Development Specialist
Back by popular demand! On September 21, Cynthia Bell again joins us from New York to share best practices for teaching and learning mathematics.
Don’t have a degree in math education? Never had the opportunity to take a math methodology course? Looking for instructional practices to support the CCRS? Here’s a chance to fill in the gaps with an engaging and dynamic national presenter. Cynthia will draw from the cutting-edge volume from NCTM (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics): Principles to Action: Ensuring Mathematical Success for All. Join us for a day of learning with your colleagues!
Who should attend?
- Anyone who teaches math or incorporates numeracy into instruction
- New and experienced instructors
- MNI cohort alumni
During this interactive workshop, you will:
- Learn to use the NCTM Best Practices for Teaching & Learning Mathematics
- Integrate transitions skills into math instruction
- Network with other ABE math teachers
- Learn about the new MN ABE math instruction online community of practice launching in September and plans for an NCTM Principles to Action book study
See you in September!
Registration & Travel:
Yes! You can REGISTER NOW!
Registration Deadline: FRI. 9/14/18
Travel scholarships: Scholarships covering 100% of both mileage and hotel will be available to participants traveling over 50 miles to the workshop. Details will be posted soon on the Math Institute page on the ATLAS Calendar of Events.
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies