- MN ABE Connect
- Navigating 2020 and Beyond: ABE Support Services Conference
Navigating 2020 and Beyond: ABE Support Services ConferenceMarty Olsen, Program Coordinator
Covid-19, online classes, working from home, protests, virtual conferences, ZOOM! The year 2020 has been filled with twists and turns that ABE has had to adjust to. But through it all we have kept our focus on our mission and the students that we serve.
In the spirit of continuing this focus, SPARC (Support Professionals Advisory Resource Committee) invites you to SAVE THE DATE for the annual ABE Support Services Conference.
2020 ABE VIRTUAL Support Services Conference Overview
- The conference will be Thursday, November 12 and Friday, November 13, 2020.
- CASAS and TABE Implementation trainings will be offered on Thursday, November 12, 2020.
- All concurrent sessions will be on Friday, November 13, 2020.
- Concurrent sessions will be 45 minutes long.
- All sessions will be equipped with a technology host and co-host to assist with any tech help during the session (with a practice session prior to Friday, November 13).
CONFERENCE LOCATION: Virtually via ZOOM!
This year’s Support Services Conference will focus on the successes of the past year and is seeking input on building the future of ABE. Your colleagues would love to hear what you are doing in your local programs surrounding the topics below. We plan to put together several panels, facilitated by our SPARC members, allowing us to draw on the expertise from the field. Additionally, we are seeking presenters that can increase our knowledge in intake practices, testing, and cultural competency.
CALL FOR PANEL PARTICIPANTS!
Volunteer to share your expertise by participating in one of the following panel presentations.
- Remote Testing – Share your experiences with testing students remotely. What lessons have you learned? What tips and tricks do you want other programs to know?
- Conducting Intake at a Distance – With so many ABE centers closed to in-person instruction, intake at a distance has become an important way to enroll new students. Has your program had success in doing this? What do you want your colleagues to know as they develop their own process?
- Student’s View from the Front Office – Have you put yourself in the place of the prospective student as they enroll in your program? How have you adjusted your practices to ensure that the student feels welcome and excited to join your classes?
Please download and fill out the panelist form on page 3 of the Call for Proposals.
Email your interest in participating in one of the above panels, along with any questions you may have, to Heather Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responses are due Monday, September 28. You will be notified by October 9, 2020 of your panel assignment.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
If you, or one of your colleagues, have an idea for a presentation that will help us all better navigate our uncertain future, please consider submitting a concurrent session proposal!
Please download and fill out the proposal form on page 2 of the Call for Proposals.
Email your proposal form to Heather Williams – email@example.com.
Session proposals are due Monday, September 28. You will be notified by October 9, 2020 whether your proposal has been accepted.
Registration information will be sent the week of September 28, 2020. Please help spread the word about this great conference—and see you in November!
Get MN ABE Connect—the official source for ABE events, activities, and resources!Sign Up
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies