Northstar 2.0 Goes Live!Tom Cytron-Hysom, Consultant
The new version of Northstar, 2.0, launched over the weekend! This is part of a major upgrade which we have been working on for over a year, designed to improve the experience of both test sites and test takers. You will still access it at https://www.digitalliteracyassessment.org, but the administrative access (now the Admin Portal) will change to: https://admin.digitalliteracyassessment.org.
Some of the major enhancements include:
- A completely updated, professionally designed website which is easy to navigate.
- The addition of individual accounts for all test site admins and proctors (no more shared passwords!)
- A streamlined proctor experience.
- An improved module interface which is easier to navigate, and which allows test takers to return to questions they have already completed if they want to change their answers before completing a module.
- Updated standards for all modules, reflecting changes in technology expectations since Northstar was launched six years ago.
- Improved security.
In addition to the many new features in the 2.0 website, we are in the process of recreating each module in HTML5, releasing each as it is completed. We are also creating two new modules, Job Search Skills and Managing Your Digital Footprint. Over the next few months, we plan to create an internal Learner Management System within Northstar. This will provide individual students/test takers with accounts that provide a portfolio function. We will also be implementing comprehensive curriculum resources into Northstar, with features for both individual and classroom use, in early 2019.
- Adult Career Pathways
- CCR Standards
- Cultural Competency
- Digital Literacy/Northstar
- Distance Learning/Education
- HSE/GED/Adult Diploma
- Mental Health
- Minnesota ABE
- One-Room Schoolhouse/Multilevel
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Remote Instruction
- Social Studies
- Support Services
- Teaching Strategies